Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Free CJ Commission Junction Wordpress Plugin


I am always on the lookout for free or paid items to help me with my niche sites. A reader recently sent me a link for a free Commission Junction Wordpress plugin to check out and I have gave it a try. What a nice little free plugin it is. The setup is quite easy, but please note you will need a CJ developer key. This long string goes in the middle box of the setup. The top box is called the CJ Websiteid and this number should be your PID number for whatever site you are using under the Web site Settings tab that is found under the Account tab in your Commission Junction dashboard. The last box in the plugin setup is the Advertiser Id. You can leave this blank to search all of CJ, but you must be an approved partner for any results it finds.

Say for example you are an approved affiliate through CJ for Overstock, you would enter in the number 2626374 in that box and can have listings from their inventory only. So in essence, this is an Overstock Wordpress plugin as well. To display listings on a page or post, you enter the below call in the content area:

[cjniche keywords="+red+dress" listing="3"]

The above statement would pull 3 listings with the keyword parameters of red dress. If you have any questions about this plugin, feel free to comment.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get this plugin to work with a little trouble.

Can someone give exact details of what to put into the boxes?

CJ Websiteid: is this CJ Account or the advertiser PID number?

CJ Developer Key: This one I figured out :-)

Advertiser Id: I assume this is the AID number(s)
------------------

I tried different number and still can't get to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

jme248 on January 15, 2010 at 2:58 PM said...

I can't get anything to show up with CJNiche. I have it installed, have put in the developer's key and and then put in the [cjniche] code into the post, but nothing shows up. I'm using Wordpress with Arthemia.. any ideas?

soggy on January 15, 2010 at 6:23 PM said...

Make sure there are no invisible spaces in the developer's key and the other ID in the setup. If you copy and pasted from CJ, I have seen this happen before and did it myself one time. If you still have problems, let me know and I will have a look.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Once you enter your website ID, then your Dev key, make sure you enter "joined" (without quotes) in the Advertiser ID. Make sure you use a keyword that will pull results from the advertisers you are approved with. It should work fine when you add the shortcode to the post.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy