Friday, February 1, 2008

Fire your canonical


Today we are going to discuss canonicalization and 301 Permanent Redirects. Google is cracking down on redirects so you will want to make sure this gets done properly. I have found a great article on the subject and instead of reinventing the wheel, I thought I would link you to the post itself. I suggest setting your canonical to www as well. I do this to all of my BANS stores first thing. Make sure it is on your checklist when starting a new niche store as well. Make sure you verify that everything is working properly and conduct a header check to verify a 301 is returned for the incorrect version.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is an option in Google Webmaster Tools under Tools in the left menu. It's called Set Preferred Domain. It's probably a good idea to set this to the www version also.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy