Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Build A Niche Store (BANs) Domain Names


I have been doing a bit if study regarding Build A Niche Stores and domain names. I am not complete on this, but I have some early information coming back in regards to ranking with Google. Without a doubt, it always helps to register the domain name longer than just one year. It seems as if Google thinks of these sites as not being serious or are afraid the domain names will be used to spam the search engines. Another thing that is not conclusive is that indexing seems to be much faster for longer registered domain names. Like I said, this is still ongoing research, but it seems for the most part that Google is indexing the whole niche store faster. In regards to keyword stuffing domain names, I am having good luck with using at least one of my main keyword in my name, even if I am going after longer keyword phrases. Most surfers are starting to see that www.your-long-keyword-phrase.com is made for search engines and might be inclined to stay away, because abuse by the black hatters. I am sure in due time Google will penalize for more than one hyphen, but I would start appearing more natural. Good SEO and proper back linking make for great rankings, not domain names. So on your next domain registration, try at the very least 2 years. It won't hurt and it very well may help.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy