Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Niche Store Student On Board Series Post #7


While we are still getting the articles and article marketing together, I wanted to give you an update on the rankings thus far for the Niche Student Ham Radio store. The table below shows the 3 search phrases we are targeting, along with the rank in the 3 major search engines for that term. I use the Rank Checker Firefox plugin in stay on top of the rankings. It is very easy to install and use. As you can see below the site has a great beginning, especially in MSN. As I have stated in the past, MSN is very manipulative right now from an optimization standpoint, but I do expect this to change soon. All that has really been done thus far is to better optimize the site, link directory submissions and social bookmarking. The article marketing we are working on right now, will only fortify the rankings and hopefully improve them. Organic traffic continues to climb although still on the low side which is to be expected this early in the process. More unique content, along with more backlinking should allow for this store to seed nicely. I will give the next update on this series in a few more days.
Keyword Phrase / Search EngineGoogleYahooMSN
Ham Radio Supplies27816
Ham Radio Sales1903025
Used Ham Radio EquipmentX503

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post again Dave. One thing I'm curious about is the speed with which the site has been picked up by Yahoo and Live. How to you submit to these two? Webmaster tools or other?

Mike

soggy on August 5, 2008 at 2:59 PM said...

Just got crawled and indexed. I have not got around yet to having the student submitting the sitemap yet. Just got cached by the bookmarking and directory submissions.

Anonymous said...

That's interesting because live does not love me. I have 35 sites and I am not ranked for a single keyword with live. Yahoo great, google improving but could be better and live nothing at all.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy