Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Marketing Experiment


Let me start by saying, I hate Halloween. Perhaps because I grew up so poor, I always had to go as a ghost in a floral printed sheet. Not very cool or scary. I just do not get into it. Well tonight I am trying a fun idea. We always give out chocolate bars and this year I made 200 custom wrappers on the computer and put the web address to a very slow, all encompassed, BANS store. You know what I am talking about, it is the one you built after your iPod or xBox store. This one of mine is still one of the first versions of BANS. Ugly, but manages to get a sale every now and again and a negative 15 on the engagement scale. I thought it would be fun to see how much traffic I could drive to it, just by handing out candy bars. Should be fun to watch the stats tonight and Saturday.

Happy Halloween everyone, be safe and if you must drink, do not drive.

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy halloween soggy.

Mark Hansen on November 1, 2008 at 8:32 AM said...

Good idea Dave!!

I have had a custom plate on my car for the past year, that goes to one of my dormant domains. WUDS dot net

Every time I drive around town in that specific car... I seem to get a rush of hits on the site, and it is the ONLY place it is advertised!

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy