Saturday, October 18, 2008

Learning Basic HTML Will Help You


Right now I am learning PHP. I know some PHP and am what is called a PHP hack. I can decipher some code problems and hack pieces together and troubleshoot code, but I really do not fully know PHP like I should. Some of you really do not know HTML which is basic web page building code. Most of you and most new webmasters in general rely solely on WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors like is included in BANS. While the WYSIWYG editors are great for newbies, it does not mean you should not be studying up on your HTML. Learning HTML will help you decipher basic page building errors and make your designing skills much better as well.

I started building websites many many many many years ago and learned HTML before the WYSIWYG editors arrived or were affordable. I learned off of one free site. HTML Goodies. This site has been archived back to May 1997 and I swear it was online way before that. It has really evolved and the exercises are much easier. If you plan to make money online, you need to understand the basics of webpage building and it starts with HTML.

Now excuse me as I have a ton of reading to do myself. You can see what I am reading and learning below. It is 1010 pages and I am on page 48.

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS for the tip on this, i've been looking for "one stop" site that can help me with all my coding needs! I've been around computers for 20+ years and i'm so thankful i took time to learn all about DOS and directory structure etc etc.. i've wished a million times i would have learned HTML from the get go!
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great link. I have been looking for some easy tutorials. Your blog is the best, I read and follow everyday.

Cindy

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy