Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Using Site Explorer & SEO Quake To Find Strong Backlinks


I am constantly on the lookout for the perfect site related backlinks to my BANS sites and non BANS sites. As of late I have been using Yahoo Site Explorer while using the SEO Quake browser plug in. I usually start in Site Explorer with the manufactures website. Let's say I have a site focused on GI Joe. I would plug in the URL of http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/ into site explorer because I want to see sites linking to that website. USUALLY sites that link there will be toy related or even GI Joe specific which are sites I want links from to my site. SEO Quake comes into the equation, because while having it enabled, it will show the sites page rank, age, backlinks, whois and etc. I then make a list of the sites with PR 2 or higher and then go about researching the sites to see first if it is indeed a good candidate to trade links with, second that their links page is indeed dofollow. After compiling that list, I go about sending out my emails to the site owners informing them that I have added a link to their site on my links page and kindly ask for a reciprocal link. I usually like to do about 20 sites at a time and then give them a week or two to add me or decline. I then remove the links that have not answered or declined and then go to the next batch. If you come up with your own system doing this, you will slowly gain great backlinks from like sites and should slowly move up in rankings assuming your SEO and good content is in place as well.

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soggy,

Your quote ..

"sending out my emails to the site owners informing them that I have added a link to their site on my links page and kindly ask for a reciprocal link"

What would the draft of that email to the site owners be like?


Thanks Dave

soggy on February 5, 2009 at 8:29 AM said...

It can be anything you want it to be.........

Hello, I came across your website while searching for fuzzy widgets, I too collect fuzzy widgets and found your site very useful. I hope you do not mind that I added your site on my link resources page at:
http://www.fuzzywidgets.com/resources

You have my permission to link back to my site should you choose to, but you are not obligated to.

Regards,

Me


as you can see you can craft to your own style. You might just want to strike up email conversation first, before asking for the trade as well. Tons of ways to eat the elephant.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy