Monday, April 27, 2009

When Competition Attacks


I received a frantic email from a BANS user who found another new BANS site in the same micro niche that he was in and wondered what he should do. What you do is out work the other site. Just because you are in a hidden away micro niche does not mean that others will not find it and try to exploit it. That is the way business works. The email went on to say that they thought that the new site owner was following his progress and modeled the site similar to his. This very well could be the case, I see several similar sites to my micro niches all the time. Some have even ripped my content as well. Does it hurt me? No, as they never out rank me. It is important to watch for competition, but it is healthy at the same time. Just do what it takes to build a great site and master the niche and let the other things roll off you. Build more backlinks, write better content and fully engage the surfer, those are things that your competition is unlikely to do. Anyone can copy a site, but not everyone can rank it or drive traffic to it.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had this happen before and seen competing BANS sites pop up within weeks of mine being launched (in niches with no previous competition). Today, I am #1 and none of the others are in the top 10. Content and backlinks will have the wannabes eating your dust.

Mardi on April 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM said...

I've encountered a familiar situation. I'm getting bomb click! someone builds a link with my cam-id and bomb click it with more than 10,000 clicks a day. I have archived that campaign but it's still counted.

I don't know what to do anymore..:(

soggy on April 28, 2009 at 3:48 PM said...

I would notify EPN as soon as possible. I have this happen all the time and told them eons ago. They replied that they got my concerns and notated it on my account. Other than archiving and using a new CAMP ID, that is all you can do. Evil people do evil things and until EPN does a better job with using an allowed domain list like Google Adsense does, we are all susceptible to that. All you can do is hope for the best and have a backup plan should they expire you.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy