Monday, June 29, 2009

The Rewrite Dilemma


I received an email from a reader that was inquiring about a new service that rewrites articles for customers and wanted my thoughts on the service. While I do not use the service the reader was questioning about, I have heard of several that do this.

My thoughts on rewriting others content is this: We all tend to use other articles as basis of information in writing our own works of original content. If you are rewriting the content, but are merely copying the whole articles thought process and overall body, you should probably link to the original article as a source of inspiration or reference. If you are TOTALLY rewriting it, to add something new in ways of views or additional information, then you can claim it as your own. While in the Google guidelines it says there really is no penalty for duplicate content, you should reference in good faith if you syndicate an article or merely rewrite. Some articles can indeed be rewritten for the better, I know a ton of mine could really be improved. My thinking is though, if you are going to go that far as to spend money on a rewrite, why not pay for a totally original piece of work? Sure it will cost you a little bit more, but if done by the right service, it will lend more credibility to your site in general. The site in question from the reader, I will indeed try, just to see how close it comes to the original article from a plagiarism aspect and to see if it is actually rewritten better on a quality standpoint. I will report back in a future post.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy