Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My New Site Initial Backlink Campaign


It is not too often that a launch a new niche site these days as I have plenty of older sites to choose from that I am going through and redoing. Last week however, I turned out a new site that I spent 2 weeks building and put it through it's initial backlink push. This is a standard process for me as I have it down to a science. The initial push is to mainly get the spiders rolling and get a few a medium quality backlinks coming in. I start with submitting 200 link directory submissions with Submit Edge. Now link directories are not high quality by any means, but they still seem to be respected by Yahoo and Bing for now. Another good thing is they all do not show up at one time. They trickle in over the months. I use 3 different anchor text titles and 4-5 site descriptions in these submissions to mix it up a bit. This makes it appear a bit more natural in nature, even though it really isn't. Next I write 3 plain, generic articles. The two best ones get submitted to EzineArticles and GoArticles with a solid anchor text driven backlink in the bio section. The worse of the three gets spun thoroughly using Crewriter and submitted to Free Traffic System. Next I write a 300 word press release anouncing my new site launch and submit it to PRLog for free. Lastly I social bookmark a few of the sites onsite articles to 5 or 6 social bookmarking sites. That is it for my initial backlink push. From there I slowly start my push for much higher quality backlinks with semi-related sites and better targeted articles for the article directories.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Jake on August 6, 2009 at 12:57 PM said...

How much benefit do you see from the press releases? Any other free sites you'd recommend?

soggy on August 6, 2009 at 2:42 PM said...

@Jake, It is unlikely to get picked up by other outlets, but I have had a couple make a decent round. It is still a backlink from a trusted site however. Squidoo, Hubpages etc are other free sites, not secrets by any means.

Dave

hokieglenn on August 10, 2009 at 9:41 PM said...

Soggy-
question for you. is there any reason you wouldn't submit an article to the 'free traffic system' if it was already published on e-zine or GoArticles (assuming you 'spin it').

thanks

soggy on August 11, 2009 at 8:13 AM said...

@hokieglenn I just tend to use something raw, but if you spin it thoroughly and the original is indexed from GA or EZ, you will not hurt anything. Just spin it real good.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy