Sunday, August 2, 2009

Why @IJustine Does Not Go Backlink Hunting


If you do not know who IJustine is, you have not been in tune with the web. Justine is the queen of social media. Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, you name it. She knows how to promote herself. Do you think she goes hunting at link directories, article directories or other places for backlinks? I think not. She produces content that people want to link to and she is damn good at it. Now not everyone is a video guru like she is, but you can learn a bunch about HOW she promotes herself by just watching her work. If there is an avenue to promote her site, she uses it. If you can apply a third of how she promotes to your great content, you will pick up natural backlinks as well. If you are just promoting a thin affiliate store, do not expect results, but if you have great useful content, you WILL see results. You can see Justine on the web at http://ijustine.com/ and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Ijustine. See, I just gave her backlinks. Oh, she is not hard on the eyes either. If I looked that appealing, I would make more videos. LOL!

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, getting links without hunting for them is good, but if you are trying to sell stuff I don't think social traffic is worth a lot, is it?

Also, if you are getting natural links don't people usually end up just using your site name as the anchor text?

soggy on August 2, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

@Anonymous, You are wanting social backlinks to relevant content that brings in targeted traffic that MAY be interested in what you selling and if people are linking to that content, they will tend to use the article title as anchor text. That is what I see with my own sites. Regardless, I will take a natural backlink anyway they want to give it. You can not control what they use as anchor text.

Dave

Don Bistrow on August 4, 2009 at 2:34 PM said...

My experience on a political blog is good looking women get more comments and more traffic.

This goes for Facebook too. My own un-scientific study over six-years.

Also, male or female, if your well know publicly your posts on something like Facebook will get alot of comments.

For Twitter, you'll get hundreds of "followers."

For my commerical site (not affiliate marketing) I worked hard for backlinks, reciprocal links and it was worth it in the sense that Google likes it.

In the end, if I have something someone wants they will come and buy it. SEO and keeping your sitemaps clean is not often discussed but very important.

Like anything in business it comes down to sweat equity.

Do all the steps, they are the sum of the parts.

I hope your feeling better.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy