Monday, July 12, 2010

SEO Search Terms Tagging 2 & Recent Searches Wordpress Plugin


I know I have seen these two plugins before and think I have one installed on an older site somewhere, but really never looked at them closely in relation to improved benefits in long tail organic searches. A PHPBay thread brought it back to my priority list and I even had both plugins bookmarked. The plugins are the SEO Search Terms Tagging 2 & Recent Searches Wordpress Plugin. They should be pretty straight forward on what they do. Both show recent search engine terms used to find your site. The recent searches plugin works great in the sidebar widget and the SEO SearchTerms Tagging 2 can display terms under neath each post where the surfer lands. You can see it in action here. I am also going to try to remove the linking feature of the words in a test as well, where only the phrases are shown and not hyper-linked back to the post to see if it makes any difference. I like the fact the Recent searches plugin links to other pages as it is constantly fluid and sending down link juice. Have any of you tried these as well? Wordpress plugins continue to amaze me.

ETA: I got a confused email so I wanted to clarify: Use the Recent search term widget included in the SEO Search Terms Tagging 2 plugin. The recent searches widget plugin is searches done on site which you can use as well if you get a ton of on site searches.. Sorry to confuse you on this if I did.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy