Thursday, September 30, 2010

Google Link Shortener Now Live


The Google Link Shortener service is now live. I played with this in beta a bit, but it is now official that Google has opened it's own link shortener service. I have used bit.ly for some time and will be starting to use one on my own server as soon as a buddy wraps up it's development. You can bet Google really wants you to use theirs as they love the data coming in and out. The good thing about it would be you do not have to worry about the links going dead or 404. Or being redirected elsewhere for right now. The bad news is Google will have tons of free stats. it is what it is though and I thought I would alert everyone to this non earth shattering news. Link shorteners are here to stay for a while. i have some plans of my own I will be refining in the near future. I will pass it along when I work out the bugs and implement it wrong at first.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy