Sunday, December 26, 2010

Google To Look Closer At Cloaking In 2011?


Matt Cutts posted earlier today on Twitter that in the 1st quarter of 2011, Google will look closer at cloaking. He states in the tweet that not just page content matters, but different headers and redirects of the Googlebot as well instead of users. Now the Tweet is pretty vague as he does not address link cloaking, that up until now has not seem to hurt by doing it. That said, I have always shied away from link cloaking just by personal preference. I suspect Matt will elaborate on this more in a webmaster video or blog post, but it is something you might want to be aware of just the same. If I get a clearer confirmation, I will pass it on to my readers as usual. In the mean time, it is just one of those FYI type things, but it was important enough for him to tweet about it. Be advised.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy