Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chewbacca Defense & Google Adsense


I have been bombarded with questions lately on my thoughts about Google adsense on Build A Niche Store sites and if it will get your store de-indexed. I can speak from my experiences that as of right now I have had absolutely no problem running Google adsense ads on some of my BANS stores. This as Johnnie Cochran would say, "Does not make sense!" There are a ton of things that will get de-indexed on Google and I have a hard time pinning it on Google adsense ads as the culprit. If your BANS store is an out of the box store with little or no content on a standard or only slightly modified template, then yes, Google could de-index you for being a thin affiliate site. If you are adding unique content and not leaving default meta tags and navigation titles on the site, I truly do not believe you have anything to worry about. I do think people need to start slowly stepping away from the default BANS templates in the near future as not to be so recognizable. I sell templates and so do several other sites. Make sure if you do purchase templates elsewhere that they still do not closely resemble a regular template and also make sure that you are not just buying a fancy background image as a substitute for a template. It is time to start being unique with your sites. I still have some stores that use BANS original templates and have no plans right now on altering them. I just now choose to have newer stores look more unique. If you have a certain template you would like modified you can contact me and I will be glad to quote you an affordable price. So do not freak out on adsense and also have uniqueness in the back of your mind going forward with your niche store building.

Here is more info on the Chewbacca defense.



The term Chewbacca defense is used to refer to any legal strategy or propaganda strategy that seeks to overwhelm its audience or jury with nonsensical arguments, as a way of confusing the audience and drowning out legitimate opposing arguments.

Chewbacca Defense originated in the animated series South Park. The show satirized attorney Johnnie Cochran's closing argument defending O.J. Simpson in his murder trial.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy