Monday, October 20, 2008

Spreading Out The Social Bookmark Love


Appearing natural when dealing with search engine optimization is huge. The more natural you appear, the better. I like to use the social bookmarking sites, especially for niche blog post, but the temptation to bookmark EVERY post in EVERY social bookmark site should be tempered. There are a multitude of social bookmark sites out there and more going live everyday. To appear more natural, I like to rotate through 5 different sites under different user names for every blog post. Remember that Google is getting smarter everyday. It is not natural for EVERY one of your blog post to show up on EVERY social bookmarking site. Especially within the same hour and the same username. 5 submissions does the trick and if the blog post is worthy of going viral or being posted by others on their favorite bookmark site, then the more natural it will be. For the most part, I have found bookmark traffic to be a bit lower in quality, mostly I just want the spider crawl and whatever backlink juice I can squeeze from it. Like I said in my Twitter traffic post, if you can get it in front of the niche related user, the better the traffic will be.

I like to keep a very simple excel file for each site that I document when and where I bookmark a blog post or content page. It is not hard to keep up with. Sometimes I will not bookmark every post, but if you rotate between different sites it is not a problem. Also by rotating, you will not give the impression of spamming.

The temptation to do everything in excess will always be around. Keeping the mindset of letting everything related to web promotion seem as natural as possible is key. Whether you are submitting to bookmark sites, link directories, article directories, press releases, blog commenting or just plain link trading, make sure the volume you are doing it at would be considered natural in timing.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes real good sense. I will start rotating around more myself as I can see how it could be considered too much, too fast, especially by Google.

Anonymous said...

Hi Soggy,

I do the same thing! I use a different username for each social bookmarking site, and I include each on my spreadsheet too. I find it easier to manage if I keep track of everything in the same place. Also, there are so many social bookmarking sites that I primarily focus on ones that are "dofollow".

Lewis Rizos on October 20, 2008 at 10:48 PM said...

I know there are many dofollow social bookmarking sites, however I can see that google ignores most of them.

Do you know if any good dofollow social bookmarking sites that google actually likes to index on a regular basis?

The only sites that I continously see google index are:

folkd
mixx
mister-wong

soggy on October 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM said...

@matthew

Here is a short list of ones I rotate through.

Mister-Wong
Backflip
Spurl
Feedmarker
LinkaGoGo
MyLinkVault
Connectedy
SpotBack
A1 Webmarks
OYAX
TeDigo
MyPIP
SyncOne
Space-Ed
Yattle
To Tag It
Buzz Tagz
Wiggley Tagz
i89
Chipmark

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy