Friday, January 23, 2009

The Benefits Of Blogging


I have many, many, many blogs attached to several of my niche sites. Some are very good and have picked up a great following, while several others are still maturing a bit. On one of my more popular sites, I got an email from a newspaper reporter wanting to do an interview with me concerning my niche. He had also contacted a few other sites that were related to the niche as well, but I was the first to respond and thus got the interview. I asked how he came across my site and he said he noticed my Twitter feed and followed his way in that way. While Twitter traffic is hit or miss sometimes, it did lead to an interview for a newspaper that also has a website. Which means that I will have a backlink from another high authority source. Those links are gold, not only do you get the traffic that comes with it for a week or so, you get a shot at capturing long term readers and also get a permanent golden backlink. The lesson is that if you are passionate and knowledgeable about your niche, it will show through and over time, you never know what it will lead to. People like linking to authorative sites. Plain and simple. Add value, get value in return.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy