Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Squidoo Revisited


It has been a while since I have posted about Squidoo, but it should not be ignored. Not only can you make a little income from it, but it is a great opportunity to get a back link or two to your BANS sites as well. I make some income off my pages, but I am more concerned with the link juice. if you get creative, you can link from free articles submitted to ezines and such and create a pretty hefty page rank for your Squidoo page and then pass that PR on to your BANS site as well. I will include links to other authority sites as well in my pages, but I add the nofollow tag as to make sure I sculpt the PR as best I can to go to my sites that need it.

Below is some great reading from Seth Godin, the creator of Squidoo. Make sure to download these eBooks and read them twice.

http://www.salted.com/unsalted/files/knockknock.pdf
http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/files/whos_there.pdf
http://cobrand.squidoo.com/EveryoneIsAnExpert.pdf

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you elaborate please on your linking strategy?

Are you saying that when you link from your lens to one of your BANS sites that you make the links "follow", but when linking to other non-BANS sites or sites that you don't own, you make them "nofollow"?

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that I think your tips are so insightful. I read you, John Chow, Problogger, Copyblogger, Chris Brogan, and several others like that - 9 times out of 10 you are more insightful, more articulate, and more specific than the big guys. You are really a great source of unique and useful information.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy