Friday, June 12, 2009

If Building Niche Sites Was Your Job, Would You Be Fired?


Pretty profound question, but one you should ask yourself on a daily basis. Like it or not, this is work, hard work. If you do not work at it and treat it like you own it, you will not be rewarded. The best thing about niche site building is the fact that you can can give yourself a raise every day. You have complete control of your actions. You set your own schedule and answer to yourself. If you treat it like a hobby or a sideline business, you will be paid accordingly. It is very very easy to catch paralysis by analysis in this business and your production will grind to a standstill. Do not be that person. As you go into this weekend, make the decision to treat your sites like a business, a fortune 500 company that you run, where millions of people are affected with every move you make and every task you undertake. To succeed in niche site building, you need to be striving to be the authority on your niche. SEO, link building and promotion can all be learned over time. Your authority will speak louder than you can even imagine. Tons of people make a ton of money on the web and get tons of natural traffic because they have great sites, not because they are the master at SEO or link building.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Tyler on June 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM said...

That is a pretty darn profound comment you threw out there Dave!

Never thought of it that way!

I know for me, I would certainly be fired at the moment. More so simply because I am focusing on other areas of Internet Marketing besides Niche Stores. Regardless, you really got me thinking!

Excellent post as always my friend.

Shawn S said...

I'm so fired.

Jake on June 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM said...

Great post. I've been working myself on taking on that kind of attitude with all of my endeavors into website building and online marketing.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy