Sunday, September 27, 2009

Listen To Your Body


This is going to sound like a post from your mother, but I thought I would address listening to your body. To be productive, you have to be healthy and in a good state of mind. I just got myself over the flu bug and probably could of nipped it in the bud, if I would of listened to my body. You see, I am a workaholic. always have been. I work like I am being chased. It makes me super productive. By not listening to my body and ignoring the sick signs, I lost valuable time and put in poor work. Because of it, I have a ton of stuff to re-do. It is my own fault.

Now on the flip side, if I stopped production every time I had a headache or my neck hurt, I never would get anything done. The key is to know your body. If you are sick, take the day off and heal your body, mind and spirit. It is very important. Do not try to work through a flu bug or flu like symptoms. It is not worth it and will only cause you more work in the long run.

You will be happy to know I am all better now, but will indeed start listening to my body more often and forcing myself to shut it down next time.

Now where is the last bowl of that chicken noodle soup?

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Luckiglenn on September 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM said...

Dave,
I suffer from the same condition ie being a workaholic.
A friend has introduced me to meditation. I am fighting it, but I find it works. It only takes about 15 minutes.
Would recommend that everyone take a look at it.
Glenn Seymour
Raleigh NC

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy