Monday, March 29, 2010

Taking Little Things In Life For Granted


I am going way off course today. I tend to do that every now and again. I am a bit jaded, I admit it. I live in an almost perfect environment that allows me to work my business full time and from home. Just me and my wife and my dog. if you know me, you know I keep a regular pattern. I luckily have obsessive compulsive disorders that I feel gives me some unfair advantages in this business.

I am guilty of taking some things for granted. Like what you ask? How about running water. Yes, running water. Our neighborhood was hit with a water main break pre dawn today and the water was off ALL day. It is amazing how many times a day we use the sink, shower and toilet throughout the day. Really amazing for me as I like to wash my hands about 100 times a day. I am not joking. I also do not function well without a shower.

Oh you poor baby, you say? Yes, eggzacklee. What can we all learn from this? Don't take simple things like this in life for granted. There are numerous places throughout the world that do not have clean water, let alone running water. It really made me take a step back today and was a dose of reality. Something all of us need every now and again.

I am all showered up now, but am reflecting on how much of an ass I was today to my wife and dog merely because we had no running water. Do not take the simple things in life for granted. That includes loved ones as well. None of us are perfect and we should be thankful for what we all have and not take anything for granted. Even water.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy