Thursday, April 29, 2010

Removing The Website URL Field In Wordpress Comments


A reader asked me how to go about removing the website URL field from Wordpress. I am starting to go about doing this myself on most of my sites as well. Why? I do not want to encourage ANY comment spamming any more. Sure, I have the SPAM plugins that block most of it, but to me comments are overrated. I do not mind people posting positive product reviews and experiences and such, but do these people really own websites? Um, no. If they want to ask questions and leave comments relative to what a customer would ask, fine. I do a little blog commenting for my sites here and there, but it has never been on any large scale. I do not even promote commenting that much on this own blog either. Why? Most of it is people looking for links and their comments are terrible. If they have a true comment or question, then fine, but I really do not care to link to your pool cue site. Nor do I care to link to your Make Money Online blog. I want to link to what I deem worthy as after all, I am who I link to. I have strictly moderated comments here from day one and get tougher every day. I am seen around on enough boards that people contact me through the boards, contact form here or email.

Any way... look in the comments.php file of whatever Wordpress theme you are using and look for something like this beliow and remove and save.

<p><input type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="22" tabindex="3" />
<label for="url"><small>Website</small></label></p>

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy