Monday, October 13, 2008

How Never Winning A School Spelling Bee Has Brought Me Traffic


I was, is, will always be poor speller. It just never was a very high priority on my list and the older I get, the more I forget how to spell some tricky words that I should know how to spell. I can't count the times I have searched for something on Google to get the main heading Did you mean: result staring at me. On the flip side of this I am not alone as sometimes when I write my own content, I just open up notepad and start banging away. Sometimes I run it through a spell checker, sometimes I do not. It has however brought visitors to my site via misspelled words. Now by no means do I suggest purposely writing something that only people from the South, like me, would understand, but I think you see the direction I am going. There are list of common misspelled words available, but my own stats have taught me much more about it. You might be surprised to find by that using the Google keyword tool with your keyword phrase attached with a misspelled word, what the results might bring. I now have been known to mix in a variation or two here and there on a content page. Sometimes purposely, sometimes not. Should you spend all your time on this? Absolutely not! Should you be on the look out for them while hunting keyword phrases to target? Absolutely. Has it brought traffic via the SERPS to some content pages I have? Sure has, and more than you would think.

It just goes to show that it does not matter what skoolen you have or what reedin and ritein skills you have, the enternets was made for a broad range of users.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy