Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Slow The F@#* Down


Boy, if I had a nickel for every time my dad has said this to me. It is in my DNA to get in hurry with anything. I think some of you can relate. Since the release of the new BANS guide a few people have emailed me to look at their new sites. They all lacked quality and quantity content, were not laid out properly and were very broad in niche focus. Great sites are not built in a day and usually not even in a week. If you are writing your own content, this will surely eat up most of the time in itself. You need to have a clear, exact, calculated focus on what the ENTIRE site will look like, before the first page is even built. Take your time and plan the whole thing out, meta tags included. I still to this day have to watch myself as well in niche site building, if I get an idea in my head, I want the finished product yesterday. The reward is much greater if you fully understand what you are doing and exactly how you are going to accomplish it. So keep this in mind and "Slow The F@#* Down"! You will build better sites and be rewarded for it in the long run.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Don Bistrow on July 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM said...

Amen!

Jake on July 22, 2009 at 7:56 AM said...

Good post, and so true.

BTW- what do you think about the $5 per page guideline the guide mentions for a niche site?

soggy on July 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM said...

@Jake I have never used that as a metric myself. I have some sites that achieve that and then some and others that do not. Not saying it is a bad metric mind you, but I measure my sites in other fashions.

Dave

Dave on July 30, 2009 at 2:37 AM said...

You said it Dave
I get like an excited three year old when the idea gets me.

So much effort and usually wasted.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy