Sunday, February 10, 2008

It is time to kill the dashes & hyphens in domain names


Before too long it has come to my understanding that Google will be clamping down on those spammy, multiple keyword dashed domain names. I think most know what I am talking about. They usually look like this:

big-green-new-model-widgets.com

I think you get the drift. Google will start to really look at these as spam. I really think we are going into a time where it is better to try to have a brand able name, even if it is along the lines of johndoestore.com!

Its your title, keywords and content that make a site. On the flipside if your domain name has dogs in it, I would male sure your store is not centered around cat supplies. Of course that is common sense, but wanted to throw that extreme example out there.

Your are probably start to see some human editing going on with Google as the year progresses as well. Duplicate content filters will likely be tightened as well, so now is the time to really take a good look at your sites you think might be questionable.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy