Thursday, September 18, 2008

15 Years With The Same Business Partner


Today I celebrate being married to my business partner for 15 years. Not only is my wife my wife but she is my business partner as well. Although she does not build websites, write articles or acquire backlinks, she is very important in my business. My wife has an extensive financial background from her time in the banking industry and handles my company books and banking. All I have to concern myself with is the day to day operations of our online endevours, real estate and investments.

We lived together for almost 7 years before getting married, so in truth we have been together almost 22 years. We revaluate goals yearly and very rarely miss hitting our goals. It is truly a blessing to be in a position where both of us are always at home and have the flexibility to drop anything we are doing to take care of anything that might pop up unexpectedly.

We went to lunch today out at the beach and discussed how great things are and talked about where we are going next and some of the great ideas I have been working on. No matter how crazy some of my ideas are, she is always supportive and a great sounding board day to day. She is not over the top in spending money and we are completely debt free except for our mortgage which is very close to being paid off.

I can't emphasize enough how important it is if you have a spouse or a loved one be on the same page as you are. It makes it that more easier in day to day operations and trials and tribulations every business goes through.

So today I celebrate and am thankful for having the best business partner in the world and the best wife in the world. I tryuly am a lucky man.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Unknown on September 18, 2008 at 2:46 PM said...

Nice post, Dave. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Dave & Wife!!

Having a true soulmate is hard to find!! My wife and I work together from home as well, aside from the benefits for the children, you are spot on with having that extra brain around to bounce ideas off of!

Mark

Anonymous said...

Great post and congrats. My wife is wonderful as well and I really don't know how I would survive without her.
Although we have only been married 5 years, it's been an incredible experience and I truly appreciate her love and support for me and my business ideas.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, soggy.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy