Friday, September 26, 2008

My Thoughts On The Economy


As I looked at my front window this morning, I saw a U-Haul moving truck parked in the driveway of the house across the street. There is no for sale sign up and I thought one of the teens must be moving out. A little later in the morning I noticed a vehicle parked on the street in front of my house with a well dressed man sitting on the back of it. I went out to investigate and he informed me the house is being foreclosed upon. I live in a very nice neighborhood, but even it is not immuned to the economics in this country.

Also this morning Washington Mutual was seized by the feds. The fallout of the economy in my honest opinion is almost at it's rock bottom. Luckily the only way I have been affected is by the rise in cost of everyday consumables and utilities for the most part. Some investments have gone backwards, but I am not a panickier and know at some point they will rebound. All of my rental properties are paid for so I am in good shape there.

America is in this shape because of irresponsible lending and glut of us the citizens. People bought over their heads and lenders made bad loans as well. The bailout will help, but every US citizen needs to be more responsible for their actions. A ton of hardships are self inflicted by poor choices. Now I do recognize some situations are different and not all self inflicted, but overall you are where you are because of daily decisions you make in life.

My best suggestion going forward is learning from your mistakes and making better fiscal responsible choices going forward. If you have purchased the BANS software or are involved with any online marketing, you have made a great choice. It's gives you the ability to create another source of income and you are only bound on the limits of your imagination. Start really applying yourself to it and you will reap the rewards.

Start teaching your children the value of the dollar and the pitfalls of credit and over extending ones self. We live in a world where just because a friend or acquaintance has something, we feel we have to have it as well. The keeping up with the Jones's has to stop. The Jones's likely can't afford it either.

While it will likely be after the election until things get a bit rosier, now is the time to rely on yourself and not anyone else. Take matters into your own hands and educate others to do the same. Stop blaming the government and take responsibility for your own actions.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy