Monday, July 20, 2009

Should EPN eBay Partner Network Reconsider Their Stance On Blogger Blogs?


With the release of the new EPN code of conduct rules comes the ruling that all publishers must send traffic from a domain name owned by them and not a third party site like Blogger, Wordpress Hubpages, Squidoo and Facebook to name a few. Now I do certainly understand the reasoning behind it to an extent, but wanted to focus more on the Blogger platform more than anything. I realize some spam sneaks through on every platform, but with Blogger these sites can easily have the header tag modified to accommodate some tracking needs of EPN, much like Google Webmaster tools. Now I am well versed in BANS, Wordpress and dabbled with Joomla enough that this really has no effect on me. I have however been playing with the Blogger platform and EPN to give the more technically challenged people a chance to make money as well. I have always enjoyed playing with the Blogger platform, thus the reason I have never moved this blog off to it's own domain with Wordpress. Blogger takes a little more tweaking to perform up to a higher standard, but is incredibly easy for a newbie to get started with.

Some things EPN could consider is to just not pay Blogger blogs or ANY third party system for that matter any ACRU's at all. What would EPN lose? They still get traffic they sorely need and could appease some affiliates along the way. Another thing they could consider is paying a lower payout to third party sites that convert items sold. This could easily be implemented.

I have set up a Twitter poll for this and am curious for others thoughts and or ideas on this well. All in all it makes no REAL difference to me, but surely there is a better way to help those less tech advanced or newbies in the affiliate world.

What say you?


Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

CoolTopic on July 21, 2009 at 12:34 AM said...

I wonder if someone post my camid on twister, blogger, squidoo or any third parties website. Will I get banned?

I think ebay has gone crazy already.

Anonymous said...

I've checked the new policy but couldn't find anything having to be the owner of the domain the link comes from......maybe it's me.

If that were the case then doesn't that kill article marketing to publicise our BANS stores ??

soggy on July 21, 2009 at 7:55 AM said...

@CoolTopic - We shall see if they take the necessary precautions like a whitelist.

@Anonymous - You can link to your BANS site from articles, just not directly to eBay.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy