Sunday, June 6, 2010

Video Sitemap Wordpress Plugin


Just as your website should have a sitemap, Mark Dulisse makes a great case for a video sitemap should your site utilize much video. If you have used Wordpress for a while, you no doubt use the Google XML Sitemap plugin on every site you build. The Google Video Sitemap plugin is built the same way. Let me say that you will need your videos to be in FLV format or mp4 extensions, but that is not a problem if you use the GFX Video Writer I have talked about in the past. Mark also uses the JW Flash player plugin for his videos. Now there is a free alternative in the FLV Embed plugin that has a video sitemap feature if you choose to play with it. I will tell you though that the plugin no longer seems to be supported and does not work with Youtube videos any more. I used this plugin for a while on one of my sites and never knew the sitemap feature was there. Which ever way you choose to go, make sure you watch this video. I bought the plugin as I use a ton of video and wanted something proven, tested and supported.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy