Thursday, January 6, 2011

Building Coke Machines


This time of year you always see people making a push to get back going in the business as the New Year has that effect on people. I would like to offer those just getting back in the groove an analogy of sorts.

I was luckily raised to never 100% depend on a job. I was mowing grass and collecting soda bottles at a very early age not only for my own spending money, but to help the family as well as we were not well off. I was taught though to always look for multiple outlets of income and never be opposed to doing multiple things to bring in money. At a very young age of about 8, I was a helper to a guy that owned a few coke machines and always helped put the bottles in the machine when I would catch around the grocery store. We lived right caddy corner to it and I always rode my bike around it looking for bottles. That man taught me years ago that each of his machines worked while he was not there and installed the duplication process in my head as a way to earn money. Those machines of course would need to be fixed every now and again and needed to be refilled, but for the most part, they earned money without him needing to be around.

You can relate niche sites to the same lesson. Not every site you build needs to be one that needs to be attended to daily. I have a handful that I tend to daily, but I also have a much larger group that needs attention only twice a month. Now not every site brings 100 plus bucks a day of course, but many earn at least a buck or better a day and many more do even better than that. Sure, I have my golden coke machines that you could say sit outside a Wal-Mart and some that sit outside a corner grocery. The more coke machines you put out though, the more you will learn how to get them closer to a Wal-Mart and not near a corner store. There will be occasions even as you get better that you will swear you put one out front a Wal-Mart only to find out the Wal-Mart moved. See the picture?

The best thing about these coke machines is you can build and design them anyway you want and most only cost around 10 bucks to build (domain name). If you have a good hosting plan, the rent is cheap to place these coke machines everywhere you feel the need to. In addition, these machines can be changed and are not bolted the floor forever. The more of these you put out, the better you will get and the more money you will make.

This post has made me real thirsty. Off to get a coke. I hope you see the big picture.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Luckiglenn on January 6, 2011 at 8:31 PM said...

Dave,
I do get the big picture.
Glenn
Raleigh NC

Pon said...

Sound like "Financial Freedom"

I like this method and keep it in my year plan already.

Plumber Mike on January 7, 2011 at 5:03 PM said...

What a great analogy - it's always interesting how childhood experiences, and the lessons we learn, often without trying, affect our later lives.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy