Sunday, January 17, 2010

Donate To Red Cross If You Can


I admittedly live my life with my head buried in the sand. It is not hard to do when you work full time from home and try to eliminate every ounce of distraction from your life. I have the excellent ability of shutting off the outside world and focusing on only what I need to work on. It is a good quality and a bad one at the same time. I spent some time today and yesterday, catching up with the happenings in Haiti. I knew it was bad, but didn't really realize it was THAT bad. I could not imagine what those people are going through. It is also disheartening to see all of the scam charities that rise to the surface in times like these. It is horrible that they play off of other peoples tragedy and sympathy. The one charity you can trust is the Red Cross. If in doubt, make a donation to them. If you find another charity, please research thoroughly before donating. Seeing things like what has happened in Haiti, lets me know how extremely blessed I am. I do not take it for granted, I assure you. If you can donate ANYTHING to help in the relief effort, please do so.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

JuNiOr on January 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

ya know dave, it is really a good thing for someone like you to post something like this. I personally ahve sort of kept up with the tradgedies in Haiti but there are alot of people that do not. There are also alot of people that are like you and keep their "head in the sand" but still look up to you and if it weren't for your post then there would still be alot of people that wouldn't know about the situation there, and thanks to you, they now will. Now, I know that everyone will not donate to the Red Cross, but even if there is just one donation that comes from right here, you should be proud. You truly are a good person so props to ya bro.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy