Saturday, February 27, 2010

Knowing Where I Left Off


My office is cluttered. I have to clean it every week, especially my desk. I do not keep it organized throughout the week at all. On the flip side, I have the great ability to keep my online work organized. Every site I have has notes attached to them. Some as crude as notepad files, others as complicated as excel files. Any time I do any work on any site, I update those files so I know exactly where I left off. I especially find it most useful to track my backlink building. I know the articles I have submitted and to what article directory sites, what anchor text was used and so on. I like to build backlinks slowly and methodical and as natural looking as possible. It helps in my opinion secure a firmer hold in the search engines as well as not sticking out like a sore thumb. To do this, I backlink build in spurts. It is much easier to work on a different site every week by knowing exactly where I have been and where I left off, the moment I open those files. Regardless of the system you use, you should journal every thing you do for every site you work on. Not only is it helpful to pick right up where you last left off, it can be used as a blue print to follow in the future on sites you have had success with. Now if you would excuse me, it is time to clean this mess of an office.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Web Author on February 28, 2010 at 6:15 AM said...

Dave, I thought I was the only one that had a desk that looked like a pile of heap. Not only do I have my own mess, but everyone else drops the mail on my desk, schoolwork, etc. I'm a fulltime affiliate marketer, just as you are, I just don't have my own blog yet. Been doing this for 5 years now. Incredibly, only 3 fulltime. I understand about keeping a journal and it's finally coming to a reality that I keep a text file in each of my sites directory as to what I do or need to do.

Kudos. And I did get that spindeal thru your link - damn that's a cool ass tool.

~Sean T.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy