Sunday, June 29, 2008

How I Started With Niche Store Building


I get this question all the time and thought I would knock it out on a lazy Sunday. Late in 2006 I began noticing several websites showing eBay products on sites. I was not new to affiliate marketing by no means, although I sucked terribly at it. If there was a list of the top sucky affiliate marketers at the time, I would of been #1. I knew these sites were making money some how as I knew they were not just displaying products out of the goodness of their heart. After searching the net for a while, I stumbled upon Easy Niche Store Script. It was very easy to set up and worked all off of PHP and no database. I just looked at the site again and see it still works that way. Anyhow, I gobbled up a domain name from Godaddy and a years hosting and was off to conquer the internets. Yes I paid out the nose for ONE domain on Godaddy hosting, see even I made huge mistakes. The eBay products pulled in via calling the php code and you inserted the code on whatever website you had built. My first store was very very crude. Was not optimized well and took forever to get many store pages knocked out. After 2 stores lots of late nights and very little income, I knew there had to be a better way. I then stumbled upon Build A Niche Store a few months later and bought it and installed it on those same 2 stores. I was so freaked out about rebuilding stores that I pieced the 2 together. Calling in BANS pages dynamically in my old sites. After I integrated the two I got very frustrated and put it down for a while. I didn't check anything, stats, sales or nothing. I think about 8 weeks went by and I got a pretty good check in the mail from Commission Junction and my Adsense account finally topped $100.00 after having it for quite a while. That opened my eyes that with my crappy stores and crappy SEO and pieced together stores that I still managed to make money. I then committed myself full steam. Read everything I could for about 3 weeks. Often stayed up to 2-3 in the morning reading and learning. I then started building, building and building. The light came on and the rest is history. So let me tell you. If a bird brain like me could figure this out, any of you surely can. Like anything worth having in life it takes learning and trial and error. Oh and by the way, I think I am down to #3 on the list of the top sucky affiliate marketers a of all time. Keep at as it has changed my life.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Unknown on June 29, 2008 at 11:23 AM said...

I'm in that "reading everything you can" phase, suffering from a pretty serious case of information overload, but I know I can make this work! I just KNOW IT! I just need more hours in the day. It is absolutely mind-blowing how many details there are to take care of. But I knew this wouldn't be easy, so I'm not discouraged yet.

Thanks for the inspiring post!

soggy on June 29, 2008 at 12:04 PM said...

Bunny,

As you can see, most everyone goes through this. Whether it is BANS, Made for adsense sites or whatever affiliate marketing site, you have to learn SEO and proper backlink building. You will know it when the light comes on. It will all make sense and you will wonder why it took so long. It did with me. When you are down or depressed or unsure what to do.. go get a backlink or two or add some unique content to one of your stores.

Anonymous said...

Nice posting soggy, always interesting how people get into affiliate marketing :)

For the best start into affiliate marketing i would highly reccomend theblackinkproject.com - leave your mail addy there and you get full 24 study lessons for free.

I have the "read all about" phase behind me and I definately read to much.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy