Thursday, October 2, 2008

Are Surfers Buying What You Are Selling?


OK, You are getting conversions via EPN, but just how engaging are you with what you are trying to sell? Sure it is nice the cookie gets dropped and follows the surfer around and you get credit for everything that surfer purchases, but did that surfer buy in your niche? I like extra sales as much as the next person, but you really out to be in the 80% range to be properly engaging the surfer. (The 80% number is based on my own stats) I have about 20% of my sales that are not even closely related to the niche door the surfer walked through, but around 80% of the people that walk through a particular niche door I have open, buy in that niche or very close to it. If you are not in this ballpark, I highly suggest looking at what you are doing and where your traffic is coming from and what they are searching for. By properly engaging them that way, you are more likely to get a return buyer if they found an item in your niche that they indeed were searching for. Returning shoppers are considered very engaged.

I reference back to a tool I have mentioned before from my fellow BANS forum moderator, Sonjay. She has a great EPN reporting tool that you can even upload to your own server to see EXACTLY what people are buying and how closely related it is to what you are aiming to sell. Everyone should have a copy of this and use it to keep track of sales. For slower stores, just use it 2-3 times a month for larger date ranges to get a clearer picture of your percent.

What is your percent of closely sold items related to your niche?

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy