Wednesday, July 15, 2009

It Is Easier To Be Regimented Than Unregimented


My friends kid my wife and myself all the time of how boring we are and how so regimented our lifestyle is. We laugh it off because we are extremely happy. We wake at the same time every morning and I start my thoughtless regimented morning proceedings. Coffee, shower, coffee, straight to the computer. I wear the same rotation of clothes throughout the week and only change the rotation in the Summer or Winter. If you want to know what day of the week it is, just look at what I am wearing. We eat out at the same restaurants during the week at the same time and usually get the same waiter or waitress. We absolutely love it and it is easy. If something comes up that breaks my routine, it takes me a couple of hours to repair myself. I keep a list of my website work I need to get done in front of me all the time. I like to know exactly what needs to be done and try to schedule out everything. It makes me very productive.

I understand I may be too regimented, as I have developed some OCD issues over the years, but they only affect my wife, me and the dog. It is livable thus far. Many of you that read this blog, probably are not as regimented as you should be, thus the lack of production and success. Many of you know "the how" and "the why", you are just missing a healthy dose of "the do". "The do" is what will catapult you to the next level. Now by no means do I expect you to be as regimented as I am as it can cause problems, but I guarantee you that it is easier to be more regimented than unregimented. More lucrative as well.

I must end this post now, as it is time for me to brew my 2:45 daily pot of coffee. Let's hope nothing breaks.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

number1makemoney on July 15, 2009 at 7:20 PM said...

This is my downfall - I spend so much time reading, watching videos, checking out the next best internet marketing course that I get very little actual “work done in the time I have available. It's the same in so many areas of life - we all know that we should exercise more or lose weight or stop smoking and we all know how to do it BUT it is soooo hard to actually make ourselves get on with it. So, if you have any magic solutions...?

Yet another resolution made over the weekend, but on Monday I did make a serious effort to improve things. I put up a large calendar whiteboard on which I write all the jobs I need to do over the coming week. I then tick them off and so get the positive reinforcement of having achieved something, even if it’s small. At the end of the week, I can wipe it clean and start fresh, carrying over anything not completed. It’s a beginning ...

Don Bistrow on July 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM said...

Excellent idea number 1

Plan your work (in writing), then work you plan. (execution)

MA = MR

Massive Action = Massive Results

P.S. Most of us have been there more than once.

number1makemoney on July 17, 2009 at 4:48 AM said...

Don, thanks for the support.

I'm looking at my whiteboard and I've done half the things I wanted to do, BUT that is double what I did last week. So, that's progress. Also, I've just bought the "BANS" guide, which looks excellent.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy