Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Watch Those Error Logs


Be truthful! When was the last time you checked your error logs? Be honest. It is something that can go by the wayside especially if on the surface the sites seem to load fine. I like to check both inside my Cpanel and also look at the text file on the server entitled error_log that likely resides inside your public_html folder. You can open this file and view the errors you need to research to fix. Usually they are nothing major. I also monitor these error_logs for changes everyday using the old script I talked about years ago. This script alerts me everyday to any changes to any files on my server. It is easy to install as well. Check those errors out today and put them to bed. It just may speed things up as well on site loading. If you find an error you are unsure about, contact your host. They should offer support to help you fix and track these down.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

LiT Web Studio on March 18, 2010 at 5:04 AM said...

excellent post! guilty as charged...have just had a quick look at mine - will try to make it a routine thing as of NOW!

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy