Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Get Indexed In Bing Faster?


I purposefully waited a while on a somewhat newer site to see if Bing would index it within 90 days of launch with numerous high quality backlinks. After 90 days the site had been visited by the bot, but not indexed. I wanted to try the Bing site submission page along with their BING webmaster tools section to see if it would get it indexed quickly or not. After 48 hours of doing both, the front page of the said site is indexed. I did submit the xml sitemap as part of the process just so you know. OK, now. Could it have been a coincidence? Absolutely, I did see another crawler, but can not rule out that the site just so happened to be sceduled to be indexed on that day. I will tell you though, that I see no harm in doing this as soon as your site is ready for indexing. I also used the meta tag process for verification in the header. I will get around soon to trying this on another site and see if it can be accomplished in the same time frame. While Google is my primary source for all my sites traffic, I never turn my nose up at other search engines and their traffic. free targeted traffic, is free targeted traffic.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Truckster on May 5, 2010 at 3:13 AM said...

Hi Dave

I have found on the last couple of sites that submitting the site to Bing and verifying it does seem to get it listed more quickly and anyway, what harm can it do? I just do it as part of the site setting up process. I see you are keeping up the daily postings, wish I had the time. LOL

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy