Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Video Never Killed The Radio Star & It Will Not Kill Your Site


I might be showing my age, but I remember the first video ever played on MTV. The video was "Video Killed The Radio Star", by the Buggles and you can see it below. The song is about the golden days of radio, describing a singer whose career is cut short by television. The talk and interpretation of that time was video was going to kill radio, but as we know all these years later, it only helped record/cd sales and music videos are as popular today as they were back in 1981. Everyday I am willing to bet everyone reading this post has watched some sort of web video today. If it was indeed only one video, I would be surprised. Web surfers expect video these days. Every site from non profit to shopping giants like QVC use it online. The Youtube nation is alive and strong. It is so easy to make your own video and submit it to the several free video sites out there. Not enough people take advantage of this and not enough people use the free videos done by others to help engage their own visitors. Look around you, look at the sites you visit on a daily basis. How are they using video? What are they doing that you could be doing? Video did not kill the radio star and it will not kill you to start finding ways to utilize it more. Now excuse me, I have some old Van Halen videos I tracked down I want to watch. I want my MTV!!!!

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy