Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veterans Day 2010


My area Rotary Club District puts on a Military Appreciation Day luncheon every year and brings in a speaker to talk. This year it was Lt. Gen. John F. Kelly. That was on November 1st. This past Tuesday, his son, Second Lt. Robert M. Kelly was killed after he was struck by an improvised explosive device while on a foot patrol in Afghanistan. Today is Veterans Day and my wife and I went downtown this morning for the Veterans Day parade and ceremony. It was very moving. Please make sure you thank a vet or service man every time you see one. They sacrifice so much for us and some pay the ultimate price with their life.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

Mike on November 14, 2010 at 2:03 AM said...

In the UK we remember all those who've died in battle, today - Sunday. There will be parades, wreath laying and church services in every town and village throughout the country. While we remember all those who've lost their lives recently, I still struggle to imagine what it must have been like at the Battle of the Somme in Northern France when on one day in 1916 the British army lost 60,000 men. Unimaginable, and tragic...

Luckiglenn on November 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM said...

Dave
Noted your post on Rotary. Are you a Rotarian? I joined Rotary about 1.5 years ago... wish I had done so years ago .

Glenn Seymour
glenn.seymour@gmail.com

soggy on November 15, 2010 at 8:12 PM said...

Love being a Rotarian. Became a Paul Harris fellow a few months back as a gift from my club. I am very active.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy