Sunday, January 2, 2011

Critical WordPress Update


Happy New Year everyone. I hope everyone is hard at it already. The 2010 Christmas season was FANTASTIC. If you use Wordpress as a CMS, and I suspect many of you do, many are suggesting to update as soon as possible to version 3.04 that contains the fix that founder Matt Mullenweg calls critical. Supposedly there was a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability that can be used to steal login information or other sensitive information from visitors to a particular site. The XSS vulnerability is similar to the one that affected Twitter users recently. You should get updated to version 3.04 as soon as possible.

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments:

David said...

Soggy,

Thanks for the warning. Just wondering...if you have many WordPress sites...say like 50 to100 sites....Is there an easy way to update.. do you have to go through your sites one at a time to update each one.....seems like a chore if you have to keep doing this every time there is a WP update..

Anonymous said...

This is one of my top questions too. Seems like I'm always seeing WP update warnings. I can't imagine going through all the sites every time there's an update needed.

soggy on January 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM said...

I built static page that I link to each admin and go through each twice a month. It is a pain in the ass and a little time consuming, but I budget in the time and it allows me to take notes of anything else I might need to do on the site as well. I have tried a few other beta things, but have not found anything that I both trust or am happy with. There is another beta going on that I think may be released soon that looks promising. I will of course pass along anything I think is worth a damn as well as secure.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy