Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget What Happened September 11th



Today I am going to get up on my soap box. I do not make a habit of this as many know that read this blog or converse with me on the forums, phone or email, but I wanted to rant a bit today. Today is the 7th anniversary of the day we as Americans came under attack. Whether or not you lost a loved one or know someone who did, you were attacked as well. I remember exactly where I was that morning. I was driving down a major highway in town starting some sales calls for my coffee business I owned at the time. I was listening to the Lex and Terry Radio Show, when they commented that a plane just crashed into the one of the twin towers. They at first, like everyone else thought it might have been a small plane or just a horrible aviation accident. At that time nobody really knew it was a commercial jet. Not too long after they said another plane just hit the second tower and said it looked like a commercial jet. Lex and Terry said this was no accident. I was real close to my dad’s house and pulled into the subdivision to duck in and check out the television coverage. As I drove down their street a neighbor of theirs comes out waving her arms frantically. I did not know here and she did not know me and I pulled over to listed to her in hysterics tell what happened. I tried to calm her down and then went on to my dad’s house to watch things unfold. I will never forget the towers falling and the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach.

I remember the weeks and months after and how patriotic my city and the United States as a hole was. Ribbons, signs and American flags were attached to vehicles for quite a while and the United States was as united as I have ever witnessed in my life.

Here we are 7 years later and not only has the patriotism vanished, our country seems more split than ever. Everyone claims their rights are being violated in one way or another and everyone tries to rewrite or interpret the US Constitution to fit their own needs or agendas. I will not get into politics as that is a rant for another day.

We live in the greatest country in the world and take everything for granted. We want everything right now and exactly as we want or we throw a tantrum. We need to take a step back and each and every one of us needs to reexamine how great we have it here. If you do not like your local, state or national government, then get out and vote and do something about it. Do not go throw rocks and tear things up just because you do not like what is going on. Take control of your own life. Put yourself in a financial situation that helps you control more things personally and do not rely on others. You have an opportunity in this country to achieve any dream you put your mind to.

Never, never, ever forget what happened that September day and how that opportunity was threatened. Also remember all the lives that were affected that day.

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

New York City's Watchdog on September 11, 2008 at 12:00 PM said...

Thank you for this insightful and thought provoking post.

Anonymous said...

A terrible day in History indeed!!!

I am retired military and I have been to the middle east. We are doing great things over there contrary to what the Communist News Networ (CNN) says.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your insights on that day as well as those on the opportunities available in this great country. The events of that day were made even more real for me through reading a series of email communications my wife at the time had with a project manager working in one of the WTC buildings. They were working on a project together and were to have a phone conference on that tragic day. She never heard back from him and later we found his name and bio on the New York Times special obituary pages. He left behind a wife and two kids.

It's true, each day, everyone of us has the freedom to make decisions to transform our lives. That's something I thank our military for. Thank you Rolando for your service.

Anonymous said...

Why did the US suddenly become the greatest country in the world?

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy