Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Is EzineArticles Targeting Ebay Niche Stores And BANS Sites?


Just got an email last night from a student of mine that informed me that one of his latest original articles was denied because links in his bio section pointed to what the editor termed "an auction site". Below is the email he received minus a few things to protect the students identity.

The article "XXX XXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX" is in
problem status because it links to an auction site. I'm sorry, we
are no longer accepting links to auction sites. Please edit the
article to link to a page which is not an auction.

Thank you,
Jacob
Member Support
http://EzineArticles.com/


Now I personally have yet to receive an email like this myself and am curious if others have received one similar. The current sites I submit articles for my own being use the Wordpress BANS templates and look more like a blog e commerce store than a BANS store. Not sure if that is helping it get pushed through or not or if this one editor just has it in for eBay niche stores.

If you have received a similar response from Ezine Articles, please comment to this post. Before I initiate a full blown jihad on the EzineArticles forum or contact form, I would like to know how wide spread this is. While I do think articles should be denied that link to thin sites, I know for a fact my students site offers great content on his sites as well. If ANY site offers value more than just auction listings and ads, it should be accepted in my opinion. Why else submit free unique content to article directories, if not for the backlink? I think we need to get to the bottom of this quickly.

Have you been denied from EzineArticles because you link to auction listings?

Related Posts by Categories



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is going to be interesting. I posted an article to EzineArticles yesterday with links back to one of my BANS stores so I will know in the next few days.

On the other hand, I had an article accepted only last week by EzineArticles that linked to another BANS store. The home page of that store has no auctions on it (possibly another argument for removing the auctions off the home page) but it also deeplinked to a store page. If this latest article gets knocked back I’ll change the links to a content-only page and resubmit.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Anonymous said...

I also had one accepted three days ago. I had one rejected today, but not for the reason cited here.

Links in both articles were only to the front page (no listings) and content articles.

Unknown on September 10, 2008 at 9:49 PM said...

I actually had an EzineArticle approved today with no problem. My link in the resource section went to a BANS store that actually had a couple auctions on the home page. It is a custom template with content, but it is not a WP template. This was even my very first EzineArticle.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, if you weren't already paranoid, what with the recent ePN expirations...

Suddenly BANSpeople are starting to feel like second-class citizens!

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of ezine articles. They are biting the hand that feeds them in my view. I am sick and tired of jumping through hoops. I ditched them following the last change that hyperlinks could not contain more than two keywords. They can rot in you know where as far as I'm concerned.

Anonymous said...

Lately I have had some trouble getting some Ezinearticles published. I submitted a few all at once. Some were accepted while others were rejected.

One was actually rejected because they said the URL name and the anchor text I was using could not be the same??? I thought this was accepted SEO stuff. it www.redwidgets.com and the anchor text was "buy red widgets".

It wastes a lot of time getting the "problem with article" emails so I may just focus on other directories. Ezinearticles.com is getting a little too picky for their own good!

Anonymous said...

My articles were all being accepted just fine until last week when BAM.
Just a vague message at first, but resubmission also failed so I put in a support request and got the message Soggy highlighted in his post.
Further questioning of ezinearticles informed me that they think auctions are something there is no control over the quality of.
Well, surely it is eBay's responsibility to manage the quality of their auctions not mine or ezine articles. Ultimately it is the buyers responsibility to decide whether an auction is quality by either bidding or passing on.

Anonymous said...

Yep, they are not accepting articles linking back to sites that have ebay RSS feeds in them anymore. They consider that that makes it an "auction site." That's what a customer service rep told me.

It almost makes me want them to get completely de-listed from Google, just to take them down a peg or two. They're getting WAY too big for their britches. :/

Dave Simpson on September 25, 2008 at 5:40 PM said...

yep, i an confirm this. My first real week article marketing - I've built a lot of sites though, 25 submissions, 12 rejections and this e-mail (eventually)

Thank you for your emails, and for bringing this article to my
attention.

You can reasonably predict that every month the quality standards
rise on what we're able to accept.

Moving forward, we can only accept links in articles which direct to
pages with adequate informative content other than advertising, or
auction products.

Please edit your articles to lead to pages with informative content,
or edit the links to contain additional information.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Jacob
Member Support
http://EzineArticles.com/

Seems like BANS, or in my case Joomla with RSS feeds sites are on their hit list. Bunch of *!&^"^%%
I did put some content on the main page and removed aution listings and got some through though

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy