Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Listed In Google Is A Privilege, Not A Right


Everyone likes to blame something these days, I see several people complain about either not getting sites indexed, or being de-indexed in Google. One fact that should be in your mind is that being listed in Google is a Privilege and not a right. Google can do as it pleases and you HAVE to like it. Nine times out of ten, it is the webmaster that has done something that goes against what Google wants in it's index. Google is great traffic and converts fantastically. Do not try to take shortcuts. Everything you do to promote your sites you should be comfortable explaining to Google face to face. Everyone wants the quick and easy, but I will tell you if you want longevity with your Niche Stores, you will follow the Google webmaster guidelines and take things slow and naturally. Google will not make or break you, but it sure does help one hell of a bunch. If Google told me to take 3 laps around my house before every blog post, my blog post would be slightly delayed everyday as I would certainly do it. Now of course that is an extreme statement (or is it?), but I think you get my drift.

When was the last time you thouroughly read what Google wants? Also the Google Webmaster blog should be read daily. Today there is a great post on creating outbound links that are Google friendly. In fact this week is Links Week from Google. I highly suggest you read and keep reading about what Google wants and expects from you as a webmaster and keep your Google privileges alive and well.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That links week section is a great find. Thanks for the alert on this.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy