Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Paralysis By Analysis


Ah, the search for the golden Google secret or the ONE deep dark secret no one ever mentions on gaining true success on the web. We all have done it, especially as newbies. The truth is, and I mean this seriously, the secret is just doing the work. Often times new BANS users are thwarted by using all their time searching for a secret, when in fact they sit on it. Paralysis By Analysis is the worst disease known to webmasters. They spend all day and night over analyzing everything, instead of adding a new paragraph of content or blog post. The truth is, you can learn proper SEO over time. Adding unique content or blog post weekly will crush everything. You can take a gray, out of the box, BANS store and add content to it daily and succeed. Everyone has different time schedules to dedicate to their niche store creations. I highly suggest researching and learning proper SEO, backlinking and Web 2.0 development, but do not let it consume you to the point that nothing is getting done on site. Niche store development is growing at a very fast rate, not just with BANS, but other affiliate store platforms as well. The only way to set yourself apart is by doing what many others fail to do, writing content. ANYONE can build a store, but not everyone can build a portal. Manage your time to learn all the little things that go along with web site creation, but never lose sight of actually working on the site itself. Do not be paralyzed by analyzing too much.

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is something I'm definitely guilty of. Not that I think there's one big secret to successful IM but I know fear that I don't know what I'm doing holds me back. Maybe I should get off this blog and get some work done! :) Like getting that site reindexed...

Mark Hansen on October 28, 2008 at 6:47 PM said...

Good post Dave - We all do it for sure!!

I am guilty of checking vital stats once every day in the AM. If im not careful about it, it can lead to 3 hours of tracing links, etc.

Mark

Anonymous said...

@ bunny & mark ~ I too am guilt of both! Dave ... I think I used to be the Queen of "Analysis Paralysis" and it really can hold you back big time! Mine "hold" was almost always fear based, "If I do that I might mess something up" type of thing.

With that said ... time to bo write something! *SmiLes* Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Soggy,
What would you do if your BANS stores were de-indexed..

Would you dump the BANS stores but use the same domains to start fresh new sites using Wordpress together with let's say ..Popshops.. PhpBay, Pepperjam Store Builder..etc.. you will note that I did not mention BANS..would it be advisable to include BANS..

How would Google look at this..

Are the de-indexed domains already soiled goods..

Looking forward to your remarks..

Dave

soggy on October 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM said...

Dave, You might want to read this:
http://buildanichestoreblog.blogspot.com/2008/10/google-deindexed-your-bans-store-now.html

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy