Sunday, February 8, 2009

200 Plus Words


What a weird title for a blog post, but it tells it all. You should always be striving for 200 words or more on every page of content or blog post you make. This tip goes back as far as the famous forum post made by Brett Tabke, owner of Webmaster World. 200 words gives the SERPS enough info to get an exact idea what the page or post is about. Now this does not mean a page or post with less words will not rank, but it does seem in looking over a few of my own sites pages that rank number one in Google for their target phrase, that everyone of them have 200 or more words of unique content.

I also try to mix in semantically related words when possible as this gives the SERPS a truer understanding on what the page is really about and when you think about it, it is very hard to get an exact point or story across in fewer than 200 words. Are the SERPS using a word count on your pages? I highly doubt it, but it surely could figure in the algorithm of ranking. The thicker the page, the more for the SERPS to chew on and that is always a good thing.

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments:

Unknown on February 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM said...

I recently started using Twitter and I did exactly what you were talking about - I created two accounts in two diffent niches. I read through their TOS - have you ever heard of someone having trouble with Twitter because they created too many accounts? I didn't see anything in their TOS that said not to do this (except something about spamming them) but I was wondering if creating a few dozen different accounts could get you banned?

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy