Monday, February 9, 2009

WP Super Cache Saved My A$$


A week ago, I had a blog post go viral, I mean really viral. the traffic was coming from every direction and the site was starting to crash. I had the WP Super Cache Wordpress plugin downloaded, but never have gotten around to actually using it on a regular basis. I sure needed it on that day and it performed perfectly. The server stopped hiccuping and as the traffic continued to increase, I saw absolutely no problems. Basically what the plugin does is serves a static html page of your post, instead of taxing the database with every page load. It keeps the page in cache for a determined time by you. HTML page load much easier than PHP pages under heavy traffic instances. This plugin is not really needed for regular traffic days, but when you do need it, you will be glad you had it. It really saved my a$$ and allowed me to convert sales on an extremely busy couple of days.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy