Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Do Your Backlinks Suck In Quality?


Here is a great whiteboard video from Rand Fishkin from SEO Moz convering the different types of backlinks webmasters acquire. He covers the 4 categories of backlinks. Hopefully you are not in the blog commenting, guestbook, link farm spammy category. Although guestbooks and link farms are pretty much dead, there is still a ton of people that go on blog commenting rampages and you have to ask yourself if it is worth the effort. I think not. So do your backlinks suck or are they in the the better two categories?

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments:

Kelly on May 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM said...

Nice video. I visit that site (SEOMoz)only occassionally. I didn't know about the Whiteboard Friday feature.

So what category would this put the links in created using FreeTrafficSystem? Seems to me they would fall into the better or best category.
Kelly

soggy on May 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM said...

@Kelly, I would rank it between the second and third category.

Dave

Anonymous said...

Why would you say that Dave when Free Traffic System is CLEARLY a blog farm??

soggy on May 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM said...

@Anonymous I see it as a step below Article directories. All of the FTS blogs do not link together. Thus categorized between 2 & 3!

Dave

Anonymous said...

Dave...a blog network does not link together either. Most of the sites are purposefully not linked together to try and hide them, however they are designed to funnel link juice to the money site.....exactly like Free Traffic System.

No big deal...I just find it odd that you would put that horrible network up (FTS) up as something good...most of the blogs are pieces of junk and it's an obvious and blatant blog farm.

To each their own I guess.

soggy on May 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM said...

@Anonymous To each their own, I guess. I stand by my ranking of it. It is what is and by no means should it be the focal point of your link building strategy like I have said in the past. Also if you read this blog at all, I have said that I think one should use FTS MOSTLY to point to your free articles submitted to eZines. No one says you have to use it. That is the beauty of the internets.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy