Thursday, May 22, 2008

Google Does Not Care That You Are Ugly


Weird title I know, but never a truer statement. Google does not care how great of a graphic designer you are or all of the flashy colors and CSS edits you can make. Give me a well optimized ugly BANS store over a prize winning designed non-SEOed niche store everyday. People are overwhelmed with graphic designed and "looking good" that they tend to spend too much time on it versus optimization and backlink off site promotion. You will learn design and graphic making over time if you are a newbie, but Google does not care how ugly or pretty your site is. I can take a grey out of the box BANS store and only make SEO changes to it and rank it on page one of Google. (OK, not every time, but with proper keyword research and optimization I can make a solid run at it) Remember from my early post on how the search engines see you website, I mentioned it mostly looks at text and code. I have seen plenty of ugly websites rank very very well. If you are a newbie to BANS or website building in general, do not get caught up with how it looks. Learn the search engine optimization techniques first, the rest will come. Now go build some ugly stuff.

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy