Monday, October 5, 2009

Build A Niche Store Platform For Sale


As you should know already, Adam & Kelvin have officially put the BANS platform up for sale on Flippa. While I have known it was going to happen for a while, I did not know when only that it would likely be soon. Adam and Kelvin as they mentioned a while ago have taken BANS as far as they want to take it. Now it is time for the right person to take it farther. I have already had a few emails asking my opinion on it and really there is not much to say. It is their baby and they are moving on to other things the last I heard. Many may think I have something to do with BANS from an employee stand point, but I merely donate my time and try to give back. Sure, I get some traffic to this blog from BANS, but this blog has never been my main stay, never will be. I build niche sites, this blog is merely an outlet to help others and keeps me conditioned to both writing and marketing.

The BANS platform is a great opportunity for someone who is well versed in PHP and affiliate product feeds. While I have considered buying it in the past, I am just not fluent enough in PHP to take that on. Also after long consideration, I it does not fit my long term goals of what I do or want to do. Whoever buys it, needs to be married to it, just like any business. Just like everyone of you should be with your niche sites. There will be a ton of bridges to get across before dime one of profit is to be made, but it is there for the taking I truly believe.

As far as me remaining a moderator, it all depends on if the new owners want to keep us. I don't know why they wouldn't, but stranger things have happened. Rest assured this does not affect me one bit. I will continue to do what I do and blog as I always have.

To Adam & Kelvin, thank you for an awesome platform. I remember the early days. BANS opened up a whole new world to me. I had been a webmaster for a long time, but rededicated my efforts to learning how to do things the CORRECT way, the MODERN way. I wish you nothing but success with all you have planned and hope I helped ease your load along the way.

Now, back to my list that I am way behind in completing today. Below is the email you should of already received.

After much deliberation BANS, N1WAY and a host of supporting domains
and project concepts have been put up for sale.

We've done as much as we can in niche site building and are looking
for an enthusiastic individual or team that wants to build on the 3
year foundation we've put together.

If you are interested in participating in the auction then you can do
so at the following url:

http://flippa.com/auctions/76177/BANS-N1WAY-Plus-Big-Bag-Of-Goodies-In-Niche-Site-Building-Market

Once the sale has been completed a final email containing details of
the new owner and any associated down time during transfer will be
sent out.

Kelvin and Adam

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments:

Tao on October 6, 2009 at 3:04 AM said...

"stranger things have happened"...

Yes - lets hope that who every does buy it (if they do) that they treat us all with respect and keep the forum going.

No doubt we could all get together to create a new forum if needed.

Also, lets hope that it is not some fly by night tosser who buys BANS, kills it dead with too many changes and then moves on.

BANS is not the only fish in the barrell - it pays well to remember that.

soggy on October 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM said...

@tao, Yes, it will take the right person to buy it for sure, but you have even proved that BANS can be taken further. You have just scratched the surface. Also a new manual needs to written and the magic_quotes issue needs addressing right out of the shoot. I pity a partnership of friends that try to buy it. A & K were unique that they are brothers. If anyone has partner in this, they better know their partner. The one with PHP knowledge is the one holding the gun, not the one that can market and run a forum.

BANS has a great future for the RIGHT buyer. A bad future for the wrong buyer. They better have a solid business plan and a strong 30, 60, 90 & 120 day bullet list right off the bat.

Dave

Tonya said...

I agree with everything you said. I wish someone like you or Sonjay would buy it as I truly think you both know exactly what and where BANS should go from here. It is a great system for those new to making money online and building web sites. I think it is long time it gets taken to the next level. I know I would buy an upgraded version.

Also, I love your blog and read it everyday, I wish I had more time to comment, but I have learned so very much from you.

soggy on October 6, 2009 at 2:54 PM said...

@tonya

Thanks a ton for the kind words. I agree about sonjay. She would be a perfect fit going forward with BANS. I know some PHP, enough to get me by from a building and error standpoint, but she really understands it and would be great taking it forward. The new owner or owners will likely be outsiders that hunt for opportunities such as this. Regardless, I think they will clearly research the needs of BANS going forward. I suppose we all shall find out very soon.

Dave

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy