Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Making your BANS store appear natural in Google


One of the toughest tricks in promotion of your Build A Niche Stores is to appear natural in your backlink building of traffic to your store. We all like to social bookmark and submit to free link directories, but do not go overboard too quick. Google knows you need backlinks, but also knows when you are trying to game them as well. 100 directory submissions a pop is plenty. Half will never get approved and the other half will be approved over time. Same with the social bookmarks. Just spread out your timing on these things and keep a record of when you did what. You can come back once a month and always add more, but remember that Google wants you to appear natural in your baclink building.

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soggy-
Been reading you blog as of late. I do enjoy it. I do not enjoy link building and I don't know that I have found any of the directory submissions to be of much use. I have about 6 stores. The oldest opened at the very end of Jan 08. As does everyone else, I want traffic AND buyers. Was just getting up to the point of 4 or 5 sales a day when I switched everything over to ePN. It's almost like someone turned the lights off for 3 or 4 days. Hopefully they will come back on soon.
lrbee

soggy on April 10, 2008 at 3:42 PM said...

Irbee, I do understand where you are coming from. backlinks are more useful with the search engines than getting any traffic. Yahoo and Live still credit this links pretty decently. The EPN thing is getting better. Several I believe where still holding old cookies as I am STILL seeing cj sales come in from sites I converted over. Traffic building is always a chore. Try adding a wordpress blog to your site and post at least twice a week to it.

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter
     

    Build A Niche Store Blog. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted by Bloganol dot com Privacy Policy